Diva Challenge 202: Chebucto vs Copada

This weeks Diva Challenge was a duo tangle. Laura gave us two tangle patterns: Chebucto vs. Copada, both by one of my favorite CZT's, Margaret Bremner. If you click on the pattern names it will take you to her website where she does the step-outs. I vaguely remember trying Chebucto before but not Copada so it was fun to do two patterns that I was unfamiliar with.  The tile turned out a little busy but I had fun with it anyway.

I've had good  news lately. On Monday I won first prize at the Promega Art Show with 'Ghost In The Barn:

It came with a cash prize and then I sold the drawing the same day! Cool! 

I also attended the Wisconsin Zentangle Artist Coalition meeting last Saturday. We had a great meeting; lots of tips, tricks and beautiful work to see. It's great to network with other like-minded artists. It also makes you realize how far you have to go when you see some of the beautiful work that others are putting out there. I know that Zentangle itself is about the process and not the end result but...DANG... there was some amazing talent in that room!  I am looking forward to WiZAC growing and evolving. There are lots of neat plans in the works, the Expo, retreats, future meetings, etc. So all in all it has been a week full of tangley goodness! Tangle on!


Comments

Quinn said…
Nice tile and your owl is lovely!
Unknown said…
I'd love some info about WiZAC. I'm in northern WI.
Duchess said…
1st prize!!!!Happy Dance! And well deserved. That's one fine owl!
Michelle said…
My son is taking a Zentangle class in homeschool co-op, so I showed him some of your work. He was INSPIRED!
Maybe a bit busy, but not too. I think I can see the fun you had creating it.
Beautiful tile with great variations of Copada!
Nata said…
Beautifully done! I love the intricacy and the overlapping of one border over the other. Bravo!!!
ledenzer said…
Melinda, your tile is gorgeous, rich with textures and fabulous lines!
Anonymous said…
Love the variety in your tile and the owl is awesome! Congrats to you!
bmlilith60 said…
Great tile (the kiss is cute). Congratulations on your win and your sale. The owl is fantastic.
a well deserved first prize AND money too! yaya! happy dances all around!!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend