Diva Challenge #199-Hitched


Haven't been doodling much lately. The Diva took a couple of weeks off of challenges, the holidays were busy and we've been playing copious amounts of Qwirkle in the evenings (I am SO addicted to that game) so I have good excuses! :-) Decided to take a few minutes and do the challenge this week which was to use the tangle 'hitched', which is the design that goes through the middle.  I liked it and had been wanting to try the twig one in the upper left too.  It was fun to kick back with a pen again.

The holidays have been wonderful. We didn't have any snow until a couple of days ago and for the most part the weather was temperate so I got lots of walking and sunshine in-especially on the Christmas weekend itself. The tables have turned now and it's below zero with wind chills WAY below zero, but it's par for the course in Wisconsin in January, I discovered a system of walking trails in the field and woods by my house and am kind of hoping for some snow to try snowshoeing on them!

One of my favorite gifts this Christmas was a bullet blender, I've been having lots of fun playing 'let's see if it will blend this and what it tastes like' for the last week. I'm in love! This morning's smoothie is pear, strawberry, blueberry, walnut and yogurt. Yum! I made one with spinach, carrot, apple, cuties and cucumber the other morning and it was fabulous as well. Awful healthy though.  Might try pepperoni pizza, a doughnut and Sierra Mist next.

Happy New Year to you all!!!!!!!



Comments

Suzanne Fluhr said…
From what I hear, from my Cheese Head friends, Wisconsin is "closed" by snow today, so you might be getting your wish to use your snow shoes----but bundle up! You really achieved some great depth with your Hitch tile. Inspiring. Happy New Year!
HeidiSue said…
ha! pizza and Soda smoothie! hee hee. Love your tile...the way Hitched comes out of the distance right into the eye like that, and your other patterns in the tile are great. and the shading is wonderful. Just love the depth. So nice.
Antonine said…
You're so funny! I love your healthy recipe ideas! Your tile is beautiful - shading and companion patterns are so nice. May I also say, I absolutely ADORE your clock in the margin. I need to find that!
Antonine said…
Oh, one other thing (sorry to be a comment hog...) I am so jealous that you can do that tile by taking "a few moments". I always need HOURS to produce something viable. Nice work!
Michelle said…
You're a hoot!
Unknown said…
I love your tile and shadows.
I love this tile, especially the one in the left upper corner.
Lovely tile with great choice of tangles!
Sue Sharp said…
Lovely tile! Great complimentary tangles, and I love the depth and movement you've achieved.
Kelly said…
Beautiful work (And I love my bullet blender too!)
bmlilith60 said…
Lovely tile. Your smoothies sound delicious, I don't know about the pizza though.
Like how you biggified Hitch and used other tangles inside. Nice job.
Michele said…
I love the shadow you added under the diamond shapes of Hitched! Nice tile!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend