A Perfect Storm! The Diva Challenge

This week's Diva Challenge couldn't have happened at a better time!  It was to create a tile with an LGBT theme for 'National Coming Out Day' next Saturday October 11th. She suggested using rainbow colors or tangles that started with the letters L-G-B-T. Hmmmm...

I was ruminating on how to tackle this yesterday when word came in that The Supreme Court refused to get involved in the same-sex marriage debate, thus legalizing same sex unions in 19 states with more to come!  This is a topic that means a lot to me. I have many LGBT friends and have wished this for them forever! I have been banging my 'You-love-who-you-love-and-family-is-who-you-say-it-is' drum since before I could articulate it! Many of my gay friends have longer lasting and healthier relationships than my hetero friends! Here's to  recognition of that and equality for all!

On top of that, THIS happened!
These came in the mail yesterday! 64 brand new colored pen! Some are shiny! Some are sparkly! Some glow in the dark. O.M.Gosh!

And so...ultimately... THIS happened:

I pulled out all the stops! Rainbow colors and ( from the top left corner) tangles:
 Lanie, Girlande, Barber pole, Tortuga, Loops, Gloven, Bales,  and Tipple

I went a little ...well... a lot overboard and created a sort of monstrosity (just because you HAVE 64 colored pens, doesn't mean you should use them all on one tile) but it certainly conveys my enthusiasm and excitement over this new advancement  in the war against bigotry and hatred so I'm posting it proudly.


Happy Coming Out Day-October 11, 2014!!

Comments

jeanchaneyaz said…
Love what you did with your new pens and agree with your message!
Oh, this feeling of being so very rich if so many pens arrive ..... I'm pleased for you and your tile is the prove of your joy about it.
Kia said…
well if you have 64 pens, you certainly should use them all! Great sentiments and tile
I agree 100% with your sentiments and am very jealous of your new pens. And if you have it---flaunt it!
Unknown said…
Great work! I didn't think to use a black background for this challenge...very clever. Now I have pen envy :)
bmlilith60 said…
Love your tile. The color assortment is yummy.
Anonymous said…
How fun to have a bunch of new pens! Great tile too!
Wonderful colours on the black paper! Your tile is wonderful!
Anna Mayer said…
Wunderschön ist das schwarze Papier und Deine neuen Stifte darauf!
Shelly Beauch said…
Snazzy, supportive, sensitive.
Antonine said…
This was such a good reason to pull out those colored pens we think we should be too grown-up to play with. Love your tile!

Popular posts from this blog

Thank Goodness for Blog Buddies

Lots of New Tangle Pattern Ideas!

Wicked Wonderful Weekend